Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Spring Cleaning


In my last post, I had written about a lovely vacation. Just this morning, Betsy, Nim and I were all enjoying sitting on the porch upon our return home. That was this morning. BEFORE Ms. Merriweather got the idea today would be a perfect day for what she calls Spring Cleaning.

I don't think there is a perfect day to do such a thing! But, according to Ms. Merriweather the Easter Bunny only visits sparkling clean houses. For some reason, mama looked as downcast as I did after that proclamation. She suddenly disappeared and I heard the vacuum cleaner running somewhere. Me, Betsy, and Nim were left alone with Ms. Merriweather. Usually that is not a bad thing. Usually, however, Ms. Merriweather is not armed with brooms and mops.

Before I knew it, Betsy and I...and even Nim...were also armed with brooms and mops. We started in the living room.


Then, we were ordered to get our bedroom in "spic and span" order. MOST of us (Betsy and me) worked very hard. Some of us (Nim) did not.

I suppose I shouldn't complain, since everyone...from me, Betsy, and Nim (kind of)... to Ms. Merriweather, Elrond, and Hitty Rowan were cleaning. I suppose mama was too since I could still hear the vacuum cleaner running.



I sure hope the Easter Bunny makes this worthwhile! Unlike Ms. Merriweather, I don't think Spring Cleaning has what she calls "intrinsic value!"